The River Falls Main Street Business Improvement District (BID) undertakes projects to improve the downtown business community. This is a listing of the current projects underway and how to get involved. Also, please visit the Support page for additional projects the BID supports.
River Falls Mural Project
In 2010, the Business Improvement District Board began a Downtown Mural Project. Artists will be selected through a bid process to design and paint murals for locations within the BID.
As a public art program serving the City of River Falls, the Mural Arts Program works in partnership with the downtown business/building owner and the River Falls Main Street Business Improvement Board toward the following goals:
- Develop sustainable partnerships with River Falls Building owners in order to create murals that reflect the community's culture, history, vision and natural resources.
- Catalyze community development, neighborhood and enhance civic pride.
- Foster tourism development in collaboration with area tourism organizations and local businesses.
- Support local community artists and artisans, as well as extend invitations to regional Wisconsin artists and artists from the greater Midwest, in sharing their talents and experiences with the entire community and surrounding area.
- Utilize the power of art and the mural design process as tools for community engagement, beautification, demonstration of civic pride, and prevention of crime.